An infrared heater is a body which is at higher temperature and transferring energy to a body at lower temperature through electromagnetic radiation. Infrared heaters are the best source for providing reliable home heating. They are energy efficient which can save about 30 to 50 percent on heating costs. It is necessary to check certain issues before buying an infrared heater.
- Savings and minimization of heating costs is one of the most important concerns of infrared heaters.
- It is necessary to know about the working of an infrared heater. The heaters work on infrared light which is not visible to our eyes. Objects present in a defined space are heated by them.
- Selection of the heater is done based on the need. Different types of infrared heaters are available. Some of them provide infrared light into the room directly. While others contain infrared light bulbs for creating infrared radiation. They use a heat exchanger and a fan to blow the air onto the exchanger for creating heat.
- Method of powering the heater is also to be considered. Gas and electricity are used generally by infrared heaters. Most of the heaters used for residential purposes use electric infrared heaters. So it is necessary to use heaters that save electricity.
- It is required to select the best model size of infrared heater. Various heaters are available that provide heat from 300 square feet to 1000 square feet.
- Portability is another concern that has to be kept in mind while buying an infrared heater. Single rooms, garages, cold spots and basements require portable infrared heaters. Portable infrared heaters are less and expensive and are safe to use. Wheels can be provided to their base and can be moved from one room to another.
- Some infrared heaters make some noise while working. It is necessary to select a heater that is quiet. Generally electric infrared heaters are quiet and efficient.
Considering these issues makes it easy to select appropriate model of infrared heater for office or home use.