The value in offering gifts gives a good feeling for both the receiver and the giver. Gifts play an important role in businesses. Corporate gifts are those given by businesses for asserting the relationship and improving the contact between the receiver and the provider. Often, these formal gifts are given for firms, clients, and employees for promoting healthy relationships.
Necessity of giving corporate gifts
It is essential for an organization to enhance the business by promoting its products and services. In order to ensure this, a good relationship has to be maintained with the clients as well as employees. The relation is promoted by offering corporate gifts for the employees, and existing and prospective clients. The gifts are presented as an indication of an honest deal of gratitude and appreciation. They enhance the image, goodwill and brand awareness of a business which reach a large number of people.
To whom are corporate gifts given?
Corporate gifts can be given to clients and employees under different situations. They are presented to clients as a show of appreciation or as a symbol of a part of marketing strategy of the company. The business partners of the company are given with the gifts to give a value that they are the hard core for the business. A long-term relationship with clients can be enhanced by this custom of giving corporate gifts. Employees of a company are given corporate gifts as a token of appreciation of their hard work. They feel really happy for recognition of their work and try to perform much better. The companies provide a feeling that they are an integral part of the organization.
Corporate gifts are given to employees during their promotion and retirement. Promotional gifts of various types are offered as a mark of appreciation. The formal gifts are also offered to retiring employees as an expression of thanks for their help and involvement throughout the service period in the organization. The most important benefit of giving corporate gifts for employees is that it improves the overall environment of the office. It also enhances the morale of the employees. This promotes a healthier atmosphere which boosts the business activities through much efficiency.
Different items that can be given as corporate gifts
Based on the situation or person to whom the gift is given, you can select a specific type of item. Some of the common items which are given to employees and clients by an organization are listed here.
- Corporate gift baskets are given for providing a lasting impression on the clients or employees.
- Desktop accessories including the company logo are the most common business gifts. Notepads, pen-stands, and business card holders can be given.
- You can provide designer and fashionable time-pieces.
- It is better to give useful items like leather bags, quilts or blankets for employees in festival seasons.
- The most ideal gifts given for employees are mementos including trophies and awards. The valuable contribution of employees to the organization can be felt by these corporate gifts.
- Companies can offer signature pens for employees and clients which help in representation of the brand name of the company.
- Laptops and note books having a logo of the company can be given to the clients.
- When outstanding performance of an employee is recognized, the organization can offer bonuses in the form of gift cheques.
- These days, business organizations prefer to offer computer related applications such as screen savers and wallpapers to their clients. These are one of the best ways for promoting the company.
- Some companies offer useful software.
- The popular gifts given these days are eCalendars which can be loaded on computer desktops.
In addition, T-shirts, telephone diaries, coffee mugs, pens and crystal products printed or engraved with brand of the company are given for employees. Choosing corporate gifts for clients is a very important task. One can take the help of the personal assistant of a client to know his or her interests and hobbies. This can provide an idea for giving a gift. Offering corporate gifts is a great technique for reaching the hearts of employees as well as clients.