Website monitoring is a process of tracking the website’s performance like site and transaction speed, availability (24/7) and functionality. It provides the information in the form of reports and sends instant text in emails, SMS or RSS feed whenever there is any serious issue takes place. Based on the reports, you can find the root cause of downtime and can fix the issue more effectively. In this post, you will see the functions and importance of website monitoring for a business.
Functions of website monitoring
- Up-time: The primary function of web monitoring is to see that website is available (24 hours and 7days; 365 days) to the end-user. And constantly monitors the key pages of the site from different location. This is because this helps you maintain website’s up-time.
- Page speed: It tracks the loading speed of your web pages including images, videos etc. from home page to complete multiple web pages of your site.
- Sends error messages: Whenever any issue in loading page or any part of the system showing errors, it alerts you by providing instant messages, and you can take the quick step to resolve the issue before it affects the end users.
- Geographical performance: Website monitoring tracks the performance of your website from different locations. Because the same problem may not be there in all the locations. Web monitoring service company send you reports of website’s performance in different locations.
- Retains customers: Most customers leave your site when they issues in accessing the website and they move to your competitor’s site. Monitoring instantly reports you whenever there is any issue in accessing, web-page loading, server response time, etc. Then, you can take appropriate action to resolve the issue before it reaches your customers.
- Prevents revenue loss: Every minute of downtime equates to a potential loss of customer/profits. And, if you’re not aware of the site’s downtime, you will probably lose those customers and sales. Hence, website monitoring service warns you about the downtime before it turns into serious problem.
- Keeps search engine ranking: If your website is down for a prolong period of time and you haven’t taken any step to resolve the issue, search engine crawlers may remove your site from the search result pages. If they are unable to access your site even after multiple attempts, web monitoring saves you from this situation by alerting you whenever your site is down, and you can resolve the issue quickly before it affects the search engine crawler and customers.
- Get immediate alerts and notifications: The moment your site goes down, web monitoring service sends immediate alerts and notifications in the form of emails or SMS. This is one of the important roles of the website monitoring.