Personal protection is an important factor for everyone. Whether you are at home or outside it is your responsibility to be secured and safe. Always the security guards or your family members may not be available to protect you. So, you need follow some tips that may be helpful in personal protection. There may be several risks that will be ready to attack you but you should get rid of them through personal protection. Here are few tips that will help you when you are at home and when you are outside.
Tips for personal protection at home:
- When you are alone at home ensure that all doors, curtains and windows locked properly. But don’t lock the window doors which are used for emergency purpose.
- Never depend on the chain locks as they are not meant for security.
- Spend some money on security system at home like purchasing security alarms, security cameras etc. so that if any attack happens these will be helpful. If your house is having security alarm the attacker will be scared to enter your home.
- If someone knocks your door don’t open until ensuring the person is know to you. If the person is stranger talk to him from the door itself. If they are continuously knocking your door then try to call your security guard.
- Use motion sensor lights, which makes you know when someone enters your home and helps you by saving electricity.
- Keep fire extinguishers ready on each floor of your house.
- Take the help of your neighbors when ever necessary.
- Dog will be helpful for you because it has the capability of detecting the criminals.
- Talk to your family members about the possible risks and take necessary precautions.
Tips for personal protection when you are out:
- If you are on travel then make sure that the bus, train or plan you are traveling is in a proper condition.
- Check for the emergency exits and alarms.
- Keep your accessories secured.
- Get some precautions from your family before you travel.
- Don’t wear heavy jewellery.
- Stay alert all the time and make a plan to move away from him and never go home because the person may remember you house and will try to follow you daily.
- Have some weapons like gun and knife, sprays etc.
- Ensure there are any cameras in dressing rooms in shopping malls.
- If attack happens try to take the help of other people who calls a police.
These are the few precautions to be taken to avoid the risks in home and when you are out.