Typically, some business owners try to run their businesses entirely on complimentary software that can be downloaded for free. They mostly use open source or free software applications for their business activities, somehow adjusting to the existing features and functionality. However, it is fine to use open source or free software to certain business activities but not to the critical aspects that affect the business bottom-line. For instance, free software can be used for internal office activities like documentation or email interface but not to the vital things that affect the business revenues. There are certain scenarios where using free software need to be avoided.
In Business-to-Business Model
In B2B model, businesses survive only if the results are delivered to the client. Since it is a competitive market, those who use right technology to serve client with better results will have long term business sustainability in the industry. For this, it is important to streamline the internal process with good software that work with higher efficiency. Additionally, if businesses have the requirement to generate reports to the client on any business aspect, the tool used should be reliable and accurate. In both cases, using free software is not viable because they have deprived features.
In E-commerce Business
In e-commerce businesses, websites play an integral role from generating leads to establishing relationship with customers. To differentiate their business from others, the ecommerce sites need to provide better user experience by maintaining good site performance. Even few seconds of website downtime or poor performance of website can make the customers move away from the website. Businesses cannot rely on free tools for critical aspects like hosting and website monitoring as these are the most valuable things for site functionality. Using a quality service is more viable for such services because they will have higher features and customization options to support the site.
When Monetizing Websites
As more and more businesses are going online, the popularity of ads is also increasing. People are using websites for business purposes as well as for generating revenues through ads. While searching for advertising systems, there are many free tools that we come across for both advertising and publishing. The free tools may not work efficiently for ad operations because many of them do not support ad tracking and reporting in one software. If ads are important for the survival of your business, then a good ad server is essential for handling multiple tasks and boost advertising activity.
In Internal Business Process
Businesses use many software applications for various internal business activities. Typically, they automate the repetitive tasks with custom software to speed up the process and enhance the productivity. For instance, many businesses use automated tools for sales, accounting, invoicing and billing process etc. Since these are the critical things for business, they cannot take chances and use low quality tools purely because they are free. Using premium software will not only minimize the chance of happening errors but increase the business productivity.
Relaxation means taking the time to release the stress, and which also helps in to do the work with a focused mind. It works out as a medicine to get the good outcome of any work. Discussing the things with others which wakes us feel tensed, can help us out to handle the situation in a more effective way.
Ways to Feel relaxed and Stress Free
- Spending quality of time with genuine friends and family members is a most recommended way.
- Doing some meditation and exercises.
- Spending time on such activities which makes us feeling relaxed.
- Reading good collection of advantageous literature to receive some positive results.
- Visiting such places which are really close to the nature.
- Spending some time alone in a peaceful place.
- Talking for a while with grandparents or any old age family member.
- Going for a movie of your favorite actor, with your close friends gives you relief from stress.
- Listening to your favorite songs.
- Remembering happy moments and your good childhood memories will certainly gives you relief.
- Going for a long walk or run will relaxed yourself.
Reasons of Arriving Stress or Stressful Situation
- By thinking much about a particular situation or outcome and not focusing on input.
- By disconnecting our-self from friends or family members.
- Having negative thoughts in mind and getting angry on small things.
- Being careless about health conditions and having negative thoughts towards life which is not at all favorable for us.
- Involvement in argument with others or speaking ill about others also.
Being in stress will not at all allow us to focus on any work. Instead of making the result productive it will start generating the hurdles to perform at anyway. And will also starts creating the health related problem, by which our mental and physical condition will also get affected.
We always should try to stay away from such things which makes us feel stressful and also try to be energetic as much as we can. In addition to that we should spend more quality time with the loved ones and also try to be involved in physical activities will really helped out more.
Developing new skills and sharpening it will help you to coming out from stressful situation and also allow you to become a self-motivated and focused person., along with that attending public gathering and contributing the service for needy people will be helpful.
If you are a website owner, like most entrepreneurs you should be keeping an eye on the hosting provider to check if they are holding up to their promises or are they being easy on the website up-time. When considering an hosting provider, we will be impressed by looking at their promises such as 99.9% up-time, unlimited hosting etc, but we don’t realize the limitations associated with it which they don’t mention unless we ask them. Choosing the provider and a right hosting plan is a challenging task for many website owners, especially if they are doing it for the first time. The task has currently become even more complicated as there are numerous providers in the market with different hosting plans. Here, let us discuss some common mistakes that people often do while choosing a web host service :
Choose Cheap or Free Hosting Plans
While free services saves you few bucks on hosting plan, remember no service is offered free unless there is a benefit in it. Accepting free or cheap services is more or less equal to putting your business at risk because the site will not perform as you expected. Even if you come across slow loading speeds or frequent unexpected downtimes, you cannot question the provider because the service is a cheap deal. Since these hosting plans are designed to have low features, they will not be able to scale your website services as your business grows. In addition to that, your site will be used to display third party ads at no cost which means you are losing your brand value and promoting others through your website. You may not face all these complications at one time but gradually they will pop-up one-by-one making us feel bad for choosing the wrong company. If there any budget constraints on hosting plans, think about choosing a standard reasonable service rather than going for free or cheap hosting.
Do not check the company background
With a little bit of effort you can easily find one or two hosting packages that may sound reasonable for your website needs. However, figuring out whether these companies that you have selected are reliable or not requires some detailed research on reviews & complaints. It is a good idea to acquire the complete knowledge of each provider and compare them so that the website will not face any major risks in future. While looking out for negative reviews check if there are any service complaints, downtime issues or security breaches. If the reviews are overly hyped that is not a good thing, either. So until you find a good provider who can customize the features matching your business needs, keep searching for various options online.
Do not read through the terms and conditions properly
Most of the people just browse the highlighted points in Terms of service and generally ignore going through each sentence because they think it is not that important to read. There are many things that are important to be noted from customers point of view such as cancellation procedure and refund policy etc which comes handy when moving to new hosting provider. The agreement not only contains the up time percentage rate but also includes the refund amount that the company is going to pay if any losses are incurred due to unplanned downtimes. So before finalizing the hosting service and signing the paper work, take a few minutes to read through the terms and conditions thoroughly to avoid future confusion.
We are all well aware that organic has become a new buzz word in food industry where people are choosing only organic varieties that are grown ]naturally without using man-made chemicals. The same definition applies to gardening also where the process involves natural methods of growing plants replacing synthetic fertilizers & pesticides. Traditional gardeners may find this concept a bit confusing because some of them are still using the same old methods in growing their gardens. Too many questions arise when we think about going organic in terms of supplying the required nutrients, pest control, plant diseases etc. Lets us see the important objectives of organic gardening through which we can accomplish growing healthy plants without using artificial materials.
Organic gardening is not only about avoiding the harmful chemicals but extracting the benefits of natural resources to provide a balanced ecosystem for growing healthy plants. One of the most important things that influence the growth of a plant is soil. Generally, gardeners mix compost to the natural soil to add the rich nutrients and beneficial microbes that can enhance the growth of their gardens. To restore the vitality of depleting soil, compost can be made organically at home by using the recycles of kitchen waste, introducing beneficial microbes & insects to the soil, adding manures of the chickens & cows etc. You need to be extra cautious if you are using it on food crops because some of the fruits and vegetable peels may contain chemical residues on their peels which can turn harmful to your garden.
Organic ground covering
Ground covers called mulches are generally used to protect the soil that is surrounding the plants or between the rows of the plants. In organic methods, mulch is prepared using organic matter such as straw, grass clippings, leaves and other similar materials that easily decomposes to give a positive effect both on the ground as well as the plant. Sometimes gardeners grow certain plants as living mulches along with the main crop so that it not only improves soil fertility but also hinders the growth of weeds. When mulch decomposes and mixes with top soil, it helps in moisture retention, acts as a food for beneficial microorganisms, and also enhances the growth of plant roots.
Natural pest control
When it comes to gardening one of the biggest threats to the plant growth is the bad attack of pests and insects. While some insects do not cause any harm to the gardens, others go beyond the danger levels and destroy the entire yard. Synthetic pesticides can be more toxic and harmful especially for vegetable gardens. Some of the common crops like tomatoes, squash/zucchini and peaches are more difficult to manage because they are more vulnerable for pest attacks. Hence gardeners have to be extra cautious and use products that are made with natural materials to manage these pests under control.
In today’s information age, it is not a good idea to overlook website performance as it has direct impact on the business revenues. Most of the internet users expect the website pages to load within first one or two seconds and if the response is delayed even for a fraction of second, they will just move to another competitor’s site. In fact, many online shoppers who are not happy with the website response are less likely to visit the same website again, no matter how tempting the bargain could be. Yet, webmasters don’t realize the importance of performance and stuff their websites with complex designs and functionality which delay and impact the response times.
There are many factors that affect the website performance but lets us discuss few of them that are important:
- Complicated functional design
- Technical dependencies
Website performance also depends on factors like server connectivity, protocols, existing computer resources etc. Sometimes, even the optimized websites experience downtime due to defective servers from the hosting plan, high volume to the websites, and the usage of outdated software. By timely monitoring the uptime at regular intervals there is a possibility that you can control the performance issues and website downtime disasters.
- Scaling up for higher demands
Number of hits or high traffic is a good sign for business websites because more number of people accessing the website means higher conversions and more business profits. But imagine what happens if high volume of users try to access single website at the same time. This happens mainly for the e-commerce websites during peak hours when huge sale is going on. As the number of requests to access the website increases, the server slows down and eventually the website performance becomes very slow. It even results in server crash making the website unavailable to the users. The reason could be the limited bandwidth because most of the websites are hosted with certain bandwidth limit and any excess downloads may result in low website performance.
- website monitoring service
Anticipating what went wrong with the website is not an easy task as it could be anything – delayed network, caching problem or even a database error. Hence, it is always better to have a good service provider for website monitoring who can track the working of your websites, analyze the reason if there are any failures and alert you promptly through phone or SMS in case of performance issues. Keeping track of your website and monitoring its performance ensures continuous availability of your website without unexpected downtime, and fast retrieval of pages at consistent speed giving a smooth internet experience to the visitors.
The mechanical systems usually decrease its performance after a period of time. Hence, the systems are to be optimized in order to get maximum output from them. The optimization of the fans utilizes different kinds of steps like using series of fans on the shafts or using multiple shafts with series of fans.
Multiple fans in series or parallel
- Fans are combined in series or in parallel as an alternative to a single set of fan.
- A set of two smaller fans are less expensive than a single set of larger fan and they give better performance than the larger one.
- The operation and arrangement of this kind requires a special care and special operating arrangements.
- Fans are to be installed in series close to each other to increase pressure locally.
- Parallel arrangement is done for single or dual operation for varying air flow rate.
- Series and parallel arrangement has its own advantage.
- Series arrangement is preferable in systems, having long duct or large pressure drops.
- In draft systems either induced draft or forced draft, the fans in series will minimize the amount of pressure in the duct.
- In parallel arrangement high efficiencies are achieved in system air flow rate,
- In parallel arrangement lower noise is generated.
- Parallel configurations are feasible for systems with large changes in air moving requirements.
Better matching of fans with the system
- The fans are selected to match the maximum pressure and flow requirements of the system.
- The system may not require the operation at maximum conditions all the time.
- The motor selected for a drive system must be capable of supplying the fan with required driving power.
- The fans in the system are usually driven by alternative current.
- The motor selected for driving the fans is usually a squirrel cage induction motor, because of its durability, low cost, reliability and less maintenance.
- These motors provide 3600 RPM when used a 2 pole 60 Hertz system and 1800 RPM when used a 4 pole 60 Hertz system.
- When there is a need of continuous range of speed variation, variable frequency drives are used to effectively vary the speed of the motor.
- In some cases when loading on motors is not high, the predicted savings from varying frequency drives may not materialize because of the impact of the losses associated with variable drives.
- Care must be taken in situations where increased air flow rate or system pressure due to clogging of air filters causes an overload on the system motor.
There are some optimization steps that needs to be followed to increase the performance like control of inlet vanes, use of multiple speed motors for driving fans etc.
Industrial fans find their applications in many industries. The main purpose of the industrial fans is to maintain the flow of fluid in the industry. Some industries use industrial fans for material handling too. Centrifugal fan is mostly used in material handling applications because of their high pressure capability.
Main purpose of installing industrial fans is:
- Centrifugal fans find more demand in dedusting process. From small fume exhaust installations to heavy duty applications, centrifugal fans have wide applications in dedusting process. Dedusting an industry requires broad variety of fans.
- Dedusting acts as a pressure type system where dust particles are moved through the fan.
- It also acts as depression type system, where particles are eliminated through a simple kiln with fan placed on top of cyclone.
- In Dedusting process, industrial fans are used along with filters containing segments inside it to remove airborne particles.
- Chemical industry
- Heavy duty fans are used in chemical industry to exhaust corrosive, high temperature or hazardous gasses from the process.
- Fans located in chemical industry must meet the norms and optimum safety of the industry.
- Fans must be constructed with an anti-spark design having material coated with epoxy paint to meet safety.
- Agriculture applications involve ventilation of livestock to maintain livelihood of poultry by supplying fresh air and removal of dust particles. In poultry applications an axial fan is used.
- In case of draining of grains, centrifugal fans are used. In soil applications, high to medium volume centrifugal fans are used.
- Boilers and ovens
- In boiler industry fans are used to supply required amount of fresh air into boiler to maintain optimum level of oxygen for complete combustion of gas or fuel.
- Inlet guide vanes are applied to control the rate of pressure, based on the temperature requirements.
- Industrial boilers serve their purpose in oven applications such as in glass industry and metal industry.
- In oven industries re-circulating fans are used to maintain uniform temperatures. Large centrifugal fans are used to cool the walls of the oven.
- Wood and paper
- Wood and paper industry use axial fans for drying the material in their manufacturing units. In wood industry axial fans are used to dry wood before it is transformed.
- Paper is run continuously on the rolls at a speed which depends on the quality and type of paper to be produced. Fans are used to dry the paper either by exhausting air creating a depression under paper paste or passing the paper paste or pulp through an oven where it is subjected to high temperature for drying.
- In cement industry fans play important role. There are different fans used in cement industry that serve their purpose.
- Raw mill fans
- Exhaust fans or re-circulation fans
- Kiln ID fans
- Coal mill exhaust fans
- Primary air fans
- Clicker cooler fans
- In cement industry heavy duty fans are used because the operating conditions are very high.
- In cement industry fans play important role. There are different fans used in cement industry that serve their purpose.
- In steel industry fans play major role, in grinding the materials, de-dusting the oven and in gas exhaust systems etc.
- In steel industry fans are subjected to condition such as
- high temperature
- high dusty air extraction
- anti-fatigue designs
It is very important to have fans in every industry. An industry may have multiple number of fans installed in its work place based on the requirement.
An industrial fan is a turning machine that transmits energy to the fluid (mostly gaseous fluids) by increasing pressure. Industrial fans are classified into two main categories based on the direction of flow of fluid along the direction of vanes or blades of a fan. If the flow is along the direction of radius of vanes, they are called as centrifugal fans. Similarly if the direction of fluid flow is along the direction of axis of vanes then they are called as axial fans. These two types of industrial fans are again categorized into different types.
There are three types of axial fans. They are
- In this type of axial fan two or more single thickness blades are present on the wheel. These fans are low efficient and are generally used in low pressure applications.
- As the pressure produced is low, the amount of volume generated is high for this type and they are used in high volume air moving applications such as air circulation or in a ventilation trough.
- Tube axial is similar to propeller type axial fan, but contains more number of blades on the wheel which increases efficiency and pressure rate of the system.
- These type of axial fans are used in applications where downstream air distribution is not critical. Some industrial applications are drying ovens, paint spray booths and fume exhausts.
- Vane-axial fans use straight vanes to improve efficiency and pressure capability. They usually have airfoil shapes. Pressure rates are from medium to high.
- Used in industrial application where a uniform downstream air distribution is required.
There are six types of centrifugal fans. They are
- Forward curved
- In forward curved type small blades are curved in direction of wheel rotation. The velocity of the fans are relatively less. The wheel type used in this fan is often called as squirrel cage wheel.
- As it produces less pressure, they are used in low pressure applications like domestic furnaces, central station units and packaged air conditioning etc.
- Radial blade
- In radial blade type the blades are perpendicular to the direction of wheel rotation. The wheel is a paddle type wheel which may or may not contain side rims. Produces low pressure and moves relatively a higher mass or volume of fluid.
- Radial blade type find its usage in material handling applications and some moderate pressure industrial applications.
- Backward inclined
- In backward inclined type the blades are flat and move away from the direction of wheel rotation. It produces relatively high speed to move a given amount of air. It is found to be more efficient than the previous type of centrifugal fans.
- As the amount of pressure produced is high, they are used in applications like heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
- Airfoil blade
- Airfoil blade is an improvement for backward inclined wheel design. It produces highest amount of efficiency and runs at a slightly higher speed than the backward inclined.
- They are used in HVAC systems and to clean industrial application where energy savings are important.
- Radial tip
- The blades of radial tip are cupped in the direction of the wheel rotation. It has the same velocity as that of a backward inclined wheel to move given mass or volume of air.
- They are used in material handling and unclean applications and is more efficient than the radial blade.
- Inline centrifugal
- This type contains airfoil with backward inclined wheel in a tube-axial casing. The efficiency of this type is less than radial inclined type.
- Used in low pressure return air systems of heating and ventilating. It has a straight through flow of air. It is a combination of a centrifugal and axial type fan.
The amount of air flow and the efficiency of the fan decides the type of fan to be used in an industry. Sometimes a combination of centrifugal fan and axial fan can be used in industrial applications.
Labor rights for women contributes to underlying policy aim of providing reduction in structural poverty by improving gender equality and women empowerment. These rights helps to promote economic self reliance.
Today women make up to 50 % of the work force and around 46.9% of the technical and professional work force. Women are legally designated to equal employment opportunities and as work force members they should be aware of their rights.
Following are few laws that are important for a women to know in order to understand their rights under these laws.
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA): This act is mainly designed to help women balance the demands at the work place with personal and family needs. Through this act employers must grant unpaid leave of 12 weeks for women employees for adoption or birth of child.
The Whistle blower Protection Act: This act applied to women who are victims of gender vengeance or discrimination. This act allows the whistle blower(person who reports to authorities about unsafe or inappropriate work conditions taking place in organization) to file a litigation in a federal court.
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Previously high paying jobs would be offered to men and for accomplishing the same job women would be paid less almost half of what men get. This act enforces over time pay and equal wages for women.
The Civil Rights Act: This act protect women from sexual discrimination. According to this act it is unlawful for an employer to differentiate against women employees because of color, origin, Religion, gender and race.
The Pregnancy Discrimination Act: Pregnancy discrimination act came in to existence after improving the civil rights act to prevent sex differentiation on the basis of pregnancy. Pregnancy discrimination involves treating the women employee unfavorable on the basis id child birth , pregnancy or other related medical conditions. It is an effort made to eliminate the pregnancy based discrimination.
The Comprehensive Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA): Under this act, working woman employees continue to get health benefits after their job loss because of family issues or job transition. Hence women especially single mothers are the one who benefit from this act.
The Equal Pay Act: This act compensates the fair labor standards act and nullify wage distinction based on sex. It requires that both women and men should be given equal pay for equal work. This makes an important step for women and closing the wage gap between women and men in the work place.
As a women employee one should be aware of the various labor laws that govern equal compensation and pay an their effect on your employment responsibilities and activities.
Bottled water usage has become popular in recent years due to the concerns about the taste and purity of the tap water.
Due to the absence of fluoride in bottled water they affect the oral health and leads to dental decay. Thus by drinking bottled water, risk of dental cavities increases. Following article gives idea about the importance of fluoride and the affects caused by its absence in bottle water
Role of fluoride for healthy tooth
- Fluoride is a mineral which protects people from dental decay or tooth decay.
- It gets incorporated in to the teeth as they develop and make them resistant to decay which is essential for the development of adult teeth in children.
- It remineralizes the tooth surface by making the enamel strong and prevent cavities from forming.
- Fluoride is used for reversing the progression of cavities and prevent the need of dental treatments for restoration such as fillings.
- Water fluoridation is a cost effective measure available for reducing the incidence of tooth decay.
- Environmental protection agency (EPA) `determined that the concentration for fluorine in tap water should approximate to 0.7- 1.2 parts per million.
How bottled water (fluorine free) affects healthy teeth?
- Companies which make bottled water and filtration systems present in home either use reverse osmosis techniques or distillation unit for removing the impurities and sediments present in the water.
- Reverse osmosis is a process where it filters out some chemicals and minerals while distillation is the process which uses heat to steam the water from the impurities present in it.
- Finally the steam which is obtained is converted back to water and bottled for use.
- As of American dental association water should contain about 0.7-1.2 mg per liter of fluoride fro cavity protection but due tot he above process only 0.3 mg per liter of fluoride is present where an average man need 4 mg of fluoride per day.
Diets which add up fluoride to your body
- Commercially made foods and other beverages that are fluoride protected can be taken.
- Tooth pastes having fluoride and applied gels helps in strengthen the teeth by hardening the enamel surface.
- Dietary supplements having fluoride in forms like tablets, lozenges are made available only by prescription to children aged from 6 months to 16 years.
Drinking fluoride free bottled water increases the risk of dental cavities. Hence, one should be aware of the importance of fluoride to teeth which is commonly absent in bottled water and so the above data helps in understanding the affects of bottled water on your teeth.
Lasers have been used in dentistry since 1994 to treat a number of dental problems. These lasers are different from the cold lasers used in phototherapy for the relief of headaches, pain, and inflammation. Electrically Accelerated and Enhanced Re mineralization (EAER) deals with a small electrical current allowing calcium and phosphate to remineralize the tooth thus protecting from decay. Use of a low intensity laser can regrow dentin and reverse tooth decay. The light from the laser activates a chemical in the mouth which stimulates stem cells and act as a repair system for the body deep within teeth.
Traditional process to treat tooth decay
In traditional method dentists will drill into the decayed area and remove the unhealthy material from it. A drill basically grinds away everything in its path. And it sets up heat, friction and vibration that effect the nerve. After removing the decay and cleaning the area, the tooth colored material is applied in layers which is followed by exposing to a special light that hardens each layer applied. When the multilayer process is completed the shaping of the composite material to the desired result by trimming off any excess material and then polish the final restoration.
Working of laser in treating tooth decay
A laser works specifically only on the diseased part of the tooth. Decayed tooth has high water content compared to healthy tooth. Hence laser selectively targets to vaporize only the decay area. It doesn’t effect the nerve of the tooth.
Compared to traditional drill lasers have benefits like:
- They cause less pain in cases where the usage of anesthesia is reduced.
- Lasers also reduce anxiety in patients who are uncomfortable with the use of dental drill.
- They minimize selling during soft tissue treatments.
- They enable to preserve more of the healthy tooth during cavity removal.
- Lasers enable to regenerate bone and ligament tissue.
- They eliminate bleeding of the gums immediately.
The disadvantages of lasers are that:
- Lasers can’t be used on teeth with fillings already in place.
- Lasers can’t be used to fill cavities located between teeth, around old fillings, and large cavities that need to be prepared for a crown.
- Lasers cannot be used to remove defective crowns or silver fillings, or prepare teeth for bridges.
- Traditional drills may still be needed to shape the filling, adjust the bite, and polish the filling even when a laser is used.
- Lasers do not eliminate the need for anesthesia.
- Laser treatment tends to be more expensive the cost of the laser is much higher than a dental drill.
Despite the drawbacks of taking a laser treatment it is quite effective and useful for treatment. .It is believed that present diets are expediting tooth decay as acidic foods and drinks like citrus and soda erode enamel. Increased amounts of carbohydrates and refined sugars have also been identified as a cause leaving people more prone to developing decay.