The auto insurance companies will take into account a number of factors to make the policy cost for you. Most of those factors you can control. There are also some personal factors, which can effect on the auto insurance premiums. Your record of accidents, the type of vehicle you drive, your driving habits, age and the location will play a major role. If you are living in a most populated area, there are more vehicles on the road; the chances to getting into an accident are higher. The losing of car by theft is also high. Now we will see the personal factors that affect your auto insurance premiums.
Coverage and deductibles: Auto insurance provides the facility as allow you to choose the deductible by your own. The coverage’s in the policy up to the required laws are mandatory. The remaining coverage’s you can choose what is necessary for you. The deductibles and the specifics of your coverage are plays a major role on your monthly payments to the insurance company. If you opted for lower deductible means, the monthly payment is higher. If you opted for higher deductible means, the monthly payments are lower. Additional coverage’s provides you added financial protection and is depending on the claim. In addition, these will add you monthly costs.
The car you drive: The auto insurance companies collecting the data from customer claims in a large amount and by analyzing industry safety reports develop vehicle safety ratings. Based on this they offer discounts to the customers for those who are driving the safer vehicles. If the car is susceptible to theft or occupant injury or damage, some insurance companies are increasing the premiums. The Toyota 4 runners 2010 rate highly in terms of passenger protection and the driver protection. In this case, the insurance companies are offering discounts. Honda’s two-door civics is most desirability to car thieves and having safety rating lower than average becomes a more expensive premium. So before going to a dealership firm to buy a car do a small research about the car model what you want buy. It is regarding to the theft of the car and the safety features.
Vehicle usage: The people who drive their car less will pay less for the insurance premium. The people who use their car for long distance, business purposes normally pay more. Regardless of how you are safe as driver, insurance companies consider as the higher the journey in your car the higher the chances to meet an accident. If you want to decrease your mileage and lower your auto insurance premium, get the public transportation to the work or riding your bike, or join a van or car pool.
Your location: Generally, the people living and driving in the urban areas pay more than the rural areas. Because the chances of theft and accident in urban areas are more when compared.
Age, gender and marital status: The people who are below twenty-five years accidents rates are higher. It is especially in male and single drivers. Therefore, it is also reflecting the cost of the insurance policy. If the students are getting good grades, some insurance companies are giving discounts too.
Keeping good track in driving habits, proper maintenance of your car, and selecting the right policy with right coverage will become more useful and less premiums for your insurance policy.
Auto dealerships now need to attempt to market their products and services online as much as possible. This is because, so many consumers in the present days turning to the Internet in the way to find the local businesses.
Auto dealerships can take this fact as an advantage to rise up their online presence. One of the most effective ways to an auto dealer to increase their online presence is to sign up for social media sites like Google+. Auto dealership can connect with its potential and targeted audience in an interesting and new way to bring new customers by creating Google+ account.
- Improves search engine optimization: Google+ helps improve search engine ranking for your dealership’s website. When determining where a website appear in the Google’s search results, Google is starting to place more of importance on social media signals.
By increasing your authority and presence on various social media websites, particularly Google’s own social media site, will help the dealership’s website move up in the rankings as more people are started to interacting with your social media profile, website, and their own social media accounts.
Gaining credibility within Google+, dealership website’s search engine rankings will as Google search will view your website and content as authoritative within the local auto market.
- Separate Yourself from competition: Capable to separate yourself from competition is an important aspect of doing a successful online marketing campaign. Most dealerships in your area may not create their dealership pages on the Google+.
If you are the first one, it is very beneficial to you to get a good presence on the web. Even there are any other dealerships open, have a unique identity so that you are by the local people.
- Author rank utilization: Another way auto dealerships should leverage Google plus into an increased presence in the Internet is through the social media website’s author rank mark up. By adding author rank mark up to each piece of content, you are creating that is posting to the Internet, you will be able to claim the ownership of content you created.
It will give the credit for all of the excellent content that you produce. Once you created enough and high quality content in the auto industry, you will be viewed as an authority figure and a trusted source.
- Local search results: One way that auto dealerships using Google plus to help improve business is to increase their presence in the local search results. Once you fill in the Google+ account, it will show your business in the local searches. It will automatically provide a vital information to the customers based on the location you entered in the profile.
Majority of the Internet users using Google search. Having a presence with the Google related product Google+ will be a great beneficiary to your business.
Oral surgery involves cutting of gum tissues, removing of tooth/teeth, gum surgeries and getting dental implants. Care after oral surgery is very important to minimize pain, swelling and discomfort felt. It is simply done by following instructions carefully. This article contains information on post operative care for oral surgery.
Care after oral surgery
Proper care after oral surgery should be taken in order to heal your mouth easily and quickly.
When you have pain
Before performing surgery in your mouth, you are given local anesthesia to numb the area where surgery has to be done. Numbness of mouth goes off later after surgery. Experiencing pain is normal and it can last 24-48 hrs after the surgery. Discomfort and soreness can last for 3-5 days. Pain and discomfort felt differs from person to person.
What to be done: Your oral surgeon prescribes some medicines to be taken. Make sure that you mention about any other medicines you are taking. Take medicines regularly as prescribed by the surgeon. Do not miss out any medicine that can make your healing process complex and painful.
What not to do: Remember not to take more medicines than advised. Make sure that you don’t drive and operate machine when taking medications especially when taking narcotic medicines. As these medicines cause drowsiness.
When you have bleeding
You are likely to bleed for the first few hours of oral surgery. Saliva and blood mixes together, which makes you feel that you are bleeding more than you really do. See for four hours, if it is still bleeding, call your oral surgeon.
What to be done: Your oral surgeon will keep a gauze pad over the wound for cutting down the amount of blood. No matter how soggy it becomes, this gauze pad should be kept at the same place for an hour or more. Keep pressure constantly on the pad by keeping your mouth closed firmly. After an hour, check whether it is still bleeding, if so remove the gauze pad and put another one. Continue to put pressure on that gauze pad. It is better to keep your head raised. This will slow down flow of blood, thus heals faster. If bleeding continues more than four hours, contact your dentist.
What not to do: See to it that you don’t rinse your mouth in the first 24 hours after surgery. Avoid hot liquids, if you are drinking soup let it cool and have it. This is because flow of blood will increase if you take hot food and drinks and can cause bleeding again.
When you have swelling
There may be swelling in the first 24 hours after surgery and can last for a week. Swelling gets reduced and takes time to disappear fully.
What to be done: First few days after surgery, apply cold compress on the swollen area. Cold compress can be made by putting some ice cubes in the towel and wrapping it. Apply continuously with a gap 10-15 minutes. This can help in reducing swelling with comfort.
What not to be done: Remember not to apply heat on the swollen area in first 24 hours after surgery. This can make your swelling worse.
Make sure take care of these points to get quick relief after surgery. read more…
On September 03, 2013, Nokia announced the sale of their Devices & Services business and license its patents to Microsoft. The two companies signed an agreement for £5.44 billion and the sale is expected to be concluded in the first three months of 2014.
- Of the total £5.44 billion deal, £3.79 billion goes to Devices & Services, and the remaining £1.65 billion goes to patent agreement and future options.
- Nokia has agreed to give 10 years license to Microsoft to use its Nokia brand on current mobile phones and subsequently to develop products of series 30 and series 40 operating system.
- According to Nokia, the number of their employees expected to be transferred to Microsoft is about 32,000. Nokia’s CEO Stephen Elop is going to replace Microsoft’s CEO Steve Ballmer. (In August 2013, Ballmer announced his plan to retire within a year)
Nokia’s future plans:
- Following the deal, Nokia is planning to focus on other three important businesses:
- NSN, a leader in network infrastructure and services
- HERE, a leader in mapping and location services
- Advanced technologies, a leader in technology development and licensing
Reasons for the sale:
- Nokia’s perspective:
- In the mobile market, Nokia dominated for 14 years. But in recent years, Samsung emerged as the world’s biggest mobile phone maker with a market share of 95% in the Android smart phone sector. Whereas Nokia has just 3% of Windows smart phone.
- A decade ago, Nokia had Symbian, but it didn’t work out. Instead of that, if it went for Android, the scenario would have probably been different.
- Microsoft’s perspective:
- Microsoft, world’s largest software maker struggled to gain significant market share for its Windows phone. Last year, it launched surface Tablet PCs, but sale of these devices has been relatively low.
- Stephen Elop says “Building on our successful partnership, we can now bring together the best of Microsoft’s software engineering with the best of Nokia’s product engineering, award-winning design, and global sales, marketing and manufacturing.”
Antiques are investment for wealthy and middle class people. You can turn hobby of antique collection in to a successful business. This article will explain you various steps in making money from the antiques.
Tips for Making Money from Antiques
Following are some steps that will explain you in making money from antiques:
Step 1: Developing a niche market
To determine what makes your business differ from others, develop a niche market. For example, considering specializing in antiques from a particular style like American furnishings. It is better for you to ask yourself what kind of antiques you are willing to sell like high-end pieces or low quality pieces or something in between. Researching your market could be better for ensuring that the point of saturation has not reached and you can find the goods you are trying to sell.
Step 2: Writing your business plan
Many of the antique businesses tend to fail because they lack a well-designed plan. Determine you schedule to start your business, getting the start up cash and with whom your competition is? Create a strategy depending upon how you will reach your target customers. For example, plan for advertising in local publications that are inexpensive such as magazines, newspapers etc. which are read by audience at large scale.
Step 3: Deciding where to setup your shop
The next step is to decide where to setup your shop. If the space in your house allows you and if your house is easy accessible from main roads, consider to sell antiques from your home especially during beginning of the business to save money. The homely atmosphere can be actually a benefit with antiques and depends on how you decorate them in your house. If trying to rent a shop, search for a spot in high traffic area especially where people walk by and window shop. See to it that there are no shops of the competitors nearby. To rent a space in an antique mall or joining antique fairs are other options to start your business.
Step 4: Purchasing antiques to resell
It is better to purchase and choose antiques in which you have knowledge and research it thoroughly. It is a good idea to search for antique pieces at estate auctions, antique shops, flea markets or garage sales. Another option for purchasing antiques is to buy online from the reputable seller. One of the major benefits of selling online is that, it shows sellers approval ratings. Thus letting you in knowing customer’s satisfaction.
Step 5: Assessing which item sells the best
Assessing about the item that sells best, thus getting to know about your customers. Moreover, offering restoration service if demand is there is a good idea. read more…
Websites are essential for every organization. Audiences of the business use these websites as too of communication between businesses and themselves. Slow down or any problem in a business websites causes interruption in service to the users. There are some common problems for business websites. We will discuss them briefly in this article.
- Stale design: Improper website design is one of the major issues for a business website. Most business owners outsource website design to outside web development service providers.
Communication gap and the improper understanding of the client business, make website designing service providers fail to built good websites. Some developers who do not have sufficient knowledge will write code heavily rather than required. And the other problem is display, it should be in colors, images and other content.
- Content in the website: Content in the website reveals business and the products or services offering by the business. Most business owners get it done much before. During this time, there may be so many developments and changes happen in the organization and in the products that need to be know to the public and the customers.
Some of the information might be outdated and the information may insufficient. Now some content management tools are available to update the information. To work on these basic knowledge is enough and no need of aware any web development technologies.
- Long loading times: Users expect that the page loads within a reasonable time. If it does not, they will leave the site, and switch to another one.
- Email address exposed: Some business websites give email address without any encryption. It will lead to get spam of those email addresses. Generally, it is done by automatic search tools and some other software. To avoid this situation, developers use different techniques like writing as human understandable way and instead of text – placing an image of email, etc.
- Broken links: There might be some links that do not have any link background and they do not function. It will affect users as the business organization is not performing properly. If it is continued search engines will penalize for the broken links and improper content in the website.
- Lack of optimization: Some websites do not optimized for the phones and other devices. In these cases they will work correctly in computer web browser only. Other devices will face incompatibility problems.
These are some of the common problems. These can be overcome by a small effort. If a business is unable to maintain the websites properly, they can hire a third party for website monitoring. read more…
Professionals who handle the process of recruitment face many challenges. The biggest test they face is to recruit the candidate that is best suited for the job profile and eligible for the vacancies in the organization. Many challenges have to be faced by these professionals to find out the best candidates.
Following are the challenges faced by HR professionals:
- Adapting to globalization: HR professionals should be updated on the changing time and changing patterns. They are expected to keep a track of these changes. Timeliness of the process should be maintained by these professionals.
- Lack of encouragement and motivation: Whatever is the result of the recruitment, it is considered as a thankless job. Even if the organization receives effective results from the HR professionals, they are not thanked or encouraged for recruiting right person for the job.
- Process analysis: In recruitment process, speed and immediateness are the concerns of HR professionals. For good results, the recruitment process should be adaptive, responsive and flexible. It must also be cost effective.
- Sourcing top talent: Shortage of talent in technical fields can be pressurizing for the employees for the opportunities coming their way. Providing them with extra training, broadening their search, etc., are some strategies that HR professionals needs to put in the place to overcome shortage of skills.
- Strategy in prioritization: It is an opportunity and also a challenge for the HR professionals to meet the new systems the are emerging in the market today and to review and prioritize the tasks that are required.
- Sourcing unique roles: In small and large organizations the HR professionals face big challenge when hiring senior and unique candidates. The need to be very careful in selecting these candidates because these candidates will play a major role in the organization.
- To maintain a balancing act: Balancing the workforce can be the biggest challenge for the HR professionals. They must know balancing various pools of talents thereby creating cohesiveness, as it will your group work more effectively.
In addition to these challenges there are many more challenges that are faced by HR professionals. For them everyday is a new challenge and a learning opportunity. read more…
Employees who take drugs or alcohol at workplace becomes a nightmare for the employer, managers and co-workers. Because drug abused employees disturb the morale among the co-workers, there is poor job performance, takes frequent leaves, claims for medical and compensation bills, etc.
Consequences of drug abusing employee at workplace:
- Decreased productivity: Employee who uses drugs or consumes alcohol on the job or off the job are more prone for job withdrawal behavior. Like doing non-work related activities, coming late to office and going early, sleeping on the job, taking long lunch breaks, poor decision skills, taking frequent leaves, feeling sick at work place, arguing with co-workers, etc.
For an employer lost productivity (absenteeism + poor work performance) means loss of billions of dollars in business.
How to avoid?
When employer finds an employee using drugs or alcohol at workplace. Based on circumstances and company’s standard disciplinary policies and procedures, the employer can impose a punishment from an verbal reminder to immediate termination of drug abused employee.
- Increased healthcare and insurance cost: For the employer, a drug abused employee comes with increased healthcare costs. Drug abused employees are more prone to workplace accidents and absenteeism than other employees. They usually fall ill for which the organixzation has to bare the cost of health and insurance.
How to avoid?
- Random drug testing: Employers should conduct drug testing to all the employees at random intervals without any prior notice. This will discourage the employees to take the drugs or alcohol at workplace.
- Post-accident drug testing: Employers should conduct drug test on the employee who have undergone accident at workplace. Based on this, employer can know the reason behind the accident.
- Engages in risky behavior: Drug abused employees are highly irritable, depressed, ignores safety norms, argues with the co-workers and blames the other co-workers and managers for failures at workplace, brings home problems, sells illicit drugs to the other staff, etc.
How to avoid?
At regular intervals employers should conduct drug testing programs at workplace. This helps in knowing the drug abused employee and can take necessary action on that employee to keep healthy and safe workplace.
- Increased absenteeism: Drug abused employees take frequent leaves or stay absent from workplace for a long time. They fail to give convincing explanation for being absent and sometimes lie to their managers or supervisors for the absence.
How to avoid?
Employer should implement strict norms related to taking leaves. Or in case of critical situation, they should give clear explanation with medical prescription and bills.
Attracting and hiring top talent is the essential part of recruitment process for a business. For this, the professionals play an important role in the organization. Formulating strategies for recruitment is one of the responsibilities of h r professionals. Despite many technological advances and changing trends, human resource professionals face some challenges. In this article, we will discuss the challenges that organizations encounter in recruitment process.
Following are the challenges met in the process of recruitment.
- To find top talent: Hiring the right people for the job is essential when running a business. Finding top talent is a major challenge for any company. It is futile and involves wasting time in interviewing a large number of candidates who are not fit for the job. Targeting the candidates with right educational qualifications, skills and experience, attitude to work in your organization efficiently is important.
- To create opportunities: In old days, when a senior retired, other employee took over the position. But due to some recession and final crisis, many are postponing their retirement, which led to slower business expansion and few opportunities. Thus, human resource department faces challenges in creating opportunities for their valuable employees.
- New technology: Two types of new technologies pose challenges to recruitment process:
- Applicant tracking system: This has become main solution for all types of recruitment and tracking needs such as compliance tracking, talent networks, candidate relationship management, etc. Before the coming of technology, the process of recruitment was different. It involved many technologies.
- Recruitment marketing platform: This is to reach potential candidates and the use of analytics to determine what actually attracts people and what not. Recruitment process has become a marketing aspect that utilizes tools like SEO, social media, email etc. for marketing open positions as an employer.
- To market the position: When attracting talented and skilled candidates, human resource professionals should sell the benefits of the company to their potential workers. Human resource professionals must have knowledge about the advance opportunities, working conditions and benefits in the company for marketing employment with the company to potential workers.
- Legal challenges: When hiring candidates, human resource professionals should make sure to know about hiring laws and other government guidelines for making the company in compliance with all regulations and laws.
These challenges might make recruitment process hard unless you have enough resources to bear the expenses that might accrue to you. Having plan for the purpose helps you by streamlining the entire process in a definite sequence. read more…
Dental implants are important procedure to improve the functionality of teeth, etc. Dental implants have certain advantages and disadvantages. This article discusses them briefly.
Following are six advantages of dental implants.
1. Better function of mouth
Functioning of implanted tooth is similar to your natural teeth. Jaws and teeth work as if they are normal. You can eat hard foods as you like. Your teeth and jaw can chew and bite food in a better way than before.
2. Can eat all types of food
If you have missing teeth, you are unable to eat certain foods because chewing and biting becomes difficult. With the help of implanted tooth, you can eat all types of food including hard food.
3. Improved oral hygiene
Having dental implants, it is easier to clean the teeth by brushing and flossing as is the case with with natural teeth. There is no risk of implanted tooth getting damaged as it is in case of dentures and bridges.
4. Appearance of face improves
With loss of tooth or teeth, muscles of face sag and it gives an aging look. Dental implants produce new bone tissue as a result of making the jaw bone strong and thick, which leads to better functionality of facial muscles. Dental implants give a younger look in terms of appearance.
Implanted tooth last longer. The implants last for years or even for a lifetime if you take care of them properly.
6. Comfortable and is convenient
The impression implanted teeth is same as with the natural tooth. These implants give comfort in terms of eating, caring, etc. People around you may not differentiate between natural and implanted tooth.
Dental implants are convenient as you need not worry about the tooth getting loose, changing position or falling from your mouth. There is no problem of removing and replacing as done in case of dentures.
There are three disadvantages of dental implants.
1. Implants are costly
Dental implants involve huge expenses. They are more expensive when compared to other treatments such as dentures or bridges.
2. Lengthy procedure
Dental implants are time-consuming as there are two surgeries, which need to heel before going to place the implants. You need at least three months for the surgeries to heal. Thus, the whole procedure might last up to 6-9 months depending on the condition of jaw.
3. Involves surgeries
A thought of surgery is scary for some people. As it is a surgical process, it involves bleeding, swelling, pain, etc. It is because this reason that few people opt for dental implants.
As there are advantages of implanted teeth, so are disadvantages too. If you are opting for dental implants, make sure to discuss with the dentist the pros and cons before you undergo the procedure. read more…