Types of Bed Sheets Used in Hotels
Many of us may think that the kind of clothing used in hotels is different since it looks very luxurious and elegant than our house hold clothing. But that perception is entirely wrong since there are no such clothing which are made for hotels. The retailers generally use the name of hotel bedding just to attract the hotels to buy those products. But the only thing which made them different from our household bed sheets is the quality of the fabric they chose and the care they take while handling them.
The common varieties of bed sheets used in hotels include cotton, satin, polyester, silk, flannel and Jersey bed sheets. The quality of these sheets are selected by taking many factors into consideration. Let us see the usage of different bed sheets in various hotels.
- Most commonly used bed sheets in all the hotels are the cotton bed sheets since they are highly durable and are less expensive. They provide good comfort as well by giving the soft and smooth feel when slept on them.
- The hotels which are in cooler regions generally prefer flannel sheets since they give a warm and soft touch when used. Unlike cotton sheets the quality of these sheets are tested by the weight of the fabric.
- Silk sheets are a symbol of luxury and hence costly hotels use them in expensive sweets and luxury rooms. Even though they are expensive they provide equal levels of comfort and is best suited for allergic people.
- Polyester is another kind of bed sheet which is less widely used in many hotels since it offers very less comfort. But in hotels which offer less expensive rooms prefer these sheets because they are less expensive.
- Another kind of sheets which are extremely durable are the jersey sheets. The usage of these sheets started very recently and they found that they are somewhat similar to cotton sheets.
These are commonly used bed sheets in hotels and they take extreme care in maintaining those things so that they stay for a longer time.